There is good news for you guys that Blacksn0w can unlock iPhone 3G and 3GS with firmware 3.1.3 05.11.07 baseband, msftguy is a guy who has found a fix for blacksn0w to unlock iPhone 3.1.3 baseband 05.11.07. Just a note that this fix will not work with with 05.12.01 baseband.
Blacksn0w can unlock iPhone 3.1.3 because of the fact that it searches for the function to patch, by searching the binary for a reference to string “SIM is not supported”.
Following are the steps to unlock iPhone 3.1.3 05.11.07 baseband.
- Download blackra1n.com/blacksn0w.deb, unzip it.
- Copy SystemLibraryLaunchDaemonscom.apple.CommCenter.plist from .deb to /tmp/ on your iPhone.
- Copy the patched blacksn0w.dylib to /usr/lib/
- Execute a test load, make sure you get signal with your T-Mobile SIM -)
- If test load is working, then copy com.apple.CommCenter.plist from /tmp to/System/Library/LaunchDaemons/
- If test load doesn’t work, then your phone will freeze, now just wait for 20 seconds and reboot, upload CommCenter crash logs from /private/var/logs/CrashReporter
Here is the link to Download Fix for Balcksn0w.